We are seeking a seasoned senior auditor with public accounting experience to join our team in Oak Brook.
The individual will provide auditing and accounting services to clients with oversight from audit managers and officers. The individual will be responsible for organizing, conducting, and reviewing fieldwork, as well as the supervision and training of staff. As a senior auditor, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare audit planning documents, financial statements, management letters, tax returns, and checklists.
- Work on and research complex accounting, reporting, and tax issues, including assignments involving “theory” and such “conceptual” areas as materiality and interrelationship of accounts.
- Understand audit objectives and apply appropriate procedures in adherence to firm policy.
- Maintain complete and accurate work papers that provide disposition on accounting issues, test exceptions, and conclusions reached.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- 2+ years of progressive public accounting audit experience
- Collaborative team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) required
- Experience with CCH ProSystems fx Enagement a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Moderate travel throughout the Chicagoland region
Selden Fox is a mid-size public accounting firm located in Oak Brook serving privately held businesses, government entities, and nonprofit organizations for the past 40 years. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits designed to promote the wellness and well-being of our team members.