The driving force at Selden Fox is our commitment to the prosperity of our clients—privately held businesses, nonprofits, and local governments. Our tax team provides tax planning and compliance services to business owners and individuals. Our team is dedicated to identifying relevant tax planning opportunities that will have a favorable impact on the variety of taxes affecting a client’s business, family, and personal tax situations.
As a tax associate, you will prepare a high volume of varied tax returns. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Prepare individual, trust, partnership, and corporate tax returns with the guidance of senior, supervisor, reviewer, or manager
- Know and understand the rules and regulations of Circular 230
- Be familiar with the Internal Revenue Code and related Treasury Regulations
- Perform basic tax research projects with direction from senior, supervisor, or manager
- Communicate with clients as needed to respond to questions and gather necessary documentation or information to complete review of tax return
- Establish rapport with client contacts, always being professional and courteous in your communications and interactions with them
- Demonstrate a willingness to meet the time demands of assignments in order to complete work in a timely manner
- Understand role within the client assignment and exhibit a positive attitude toward assignments
- Effectively communicate with firm team members and work co-operatively in teams to provide quality service to clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with CCH ProSystems fx Tax and/or Quickbooks a plus
- 0 to 2 years of experience in tax preparation and research
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while delivering high-quality client service
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Selden Fox is a mid-size public accounting firm located in Oak Brook serving privately held businesses, government entities, and nonprofit organizations for over 40 years. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits designed to promote the wellness and well-being of our team members.
Recent or soon-to-be-college graduates seeking entry-level positions should refer to our College Recruiting page.