We understand and appreciate that every client faces different challenges. As a firm, we are committed to obtaining a thorough understanding of our clients and their business. This means we need to understand each client, their business, and their operations so we can provide the advice best suited for each individual client.
Knowing and understanding specific industries enables us to identify opportunities and provide guidance on relevant tax-related matters, strategic business and succession planning, and compliance requirements. As a result, our practice is concentrated in a handful of industries or client types where we have acquired a substantial amount of experience and are fully engaged within the sector. This results in a unique understanding of not only their challenges but also the very tried and tested solutions to those challenges.
- Auto Dealers – We have a “niche” in providing accounting, audit, and tax services to auto dealerships. We understand the multitude of factors that play into operating a profitable dealership.
- Benefits Plans – We have years of experience providing both limited and full-scope audits of defined contribution and benefit plans. Our team audits more than 40 plans annually with total participants ranging between 100 to 1,500.
- Churches – We work with several religious governing bodies and churches. Whether your needs center around endowment investments or finance alternatives, we have experience and can provide recommendations to assist in maintaining the organization’s financial health.
- Closely Held Businesses – We serve a multitude of closely held, mid-size businesses across various sectors. We are committed to staying well-informed of our clients’ industry-specific regulations and trends that affect both professional and personal goals.
- Country Clubs – We draw upon the extensive experience of our club engagement team leaders to develop an audit approach specifically tailored to clubs. This approach identifies the risks inherent in most club operations and addresses the unique business aspects of clubs.
- Credit Unions & Banks – We have expert knowledge of the laws and regulations affecting credit unions and an excellent reputation with the Illinois Credit Union League (ICUL), as well as the IDFPR and the NCUA, the Credit Union’s federal insurer and regulator.
- Entrepreneurs – Given the mix of our business and personal clients, we serve as trusted advisors to both entrepreneurs and business executives on both their business and individual financial situations.
- Family Offices – We work with family offices including both single-family (SFOs) and multi-family offices (MFOs) across the Chicagoland area.
- Governments – We conduct audits of governmental entities, many of which have obtained and hold the Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- Insurance Companies – We provide audit, tax, and accounting services to life, health, property, and casualty insurance companies, including insurance agencies and third-party administrators, and brokers.
- Manufacturers – We provide attestation, accounting, tax, and consulting services for manufacturers. Based on the needs of the company, we can handle discrete projects, or we can provide a variety of services.
- Nonprofits – Since our founding, we have been committed to serving nonprofits. We understand that tax-exempt organizations are established for a variety of purposes. We also understand that each organization is unique and has different audit and tax needs.
- Schools – We work with a number of parochial and private schools, as well as higher-education institutions. Our understanding of the education sector means that we know we must be flexible in our relationship with you.
- Technology – We advise various tech businesses and start-ups including those in the following niches: software as a service (SaaS), information tech companies, health tech, digital health, software developers and publishers, and internet of things (IoT) businesses.