Park districts are unique, as are their needs when it comes to the services their auditing firm provides. It is imperative that your accountant understands not only the distinct qualities that make park districts unique, but also the approaches that will allow them to continue to provide their services to residents and successfully implement their strategic plan each year.
We have nearly 40 years of experience working with park districts. This allows us to come into a new park district client, focus our audit procedures on areas that are significant to you and your operations, and complete our work in a timely and efficient manner — while still providing the assurance and added benefit you are seeking. Our governmental audit team is trained on the latest GASB pronouncements. We identify areas where internal controls are inadequate and cost-effective improvements could be made. Our commitment to the future of the park district and its operations is demonstrated through the process review and improvement recommendations we provide.
Park District Accounting Services
In addition to our audit services, we can also assist park districts with:
- Review of internal controls
- Preparation of audit schedules and review of annual financial reports prepared by another auditor to assist park districts in meeting the internal expertise requirements
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of an investment policy
- Capital asset recordkeeping
- Calculation of future debt service capability
- Identification of restrictions, commitments and assignments of fund balances in accordance with GASB Statement No. 54
- Performance of agreed-upon procedures for OSLAD grants
- Assistance with the statistical section requirements of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Financial statement training for board members